Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Road to Glory: UCL Final 2011 FC Barcelona - Manchester United

Hi again!

I am a big big Barça fan! I always have been and always will be. 

Once I said that, I want to share with you my experience watching and living the UEFA Champions League Final (the most important soccer club league in the world) for the first time in my life outside my country. 

At the beginning I have to admit that I was scared. Probably because of superstition. But the end speaks by itself. Barça beat Man U 3-1 and dominated the final from the beginning until the end. 
Now I can say that proudly, but during the game I was so nervous that I wasn't able to enjoy it. Like my father would say, when you arrive to a final you have the privilege to suffer not to enjoy. Barça fans are like this, we suffer and suffer, its in our blood. 

Luckily, this team, the Pep Team, is above every superstition and their game is solid in every aspect of the game. 

The defense was outstanding and safe all game. It was a wall for Man U strikers. They just scored one goal thanks to an offside. Remarkable the game of Mascherano aka "El Jefecito" that played as a defender when his natural position is midfielder. Even more remarkable was Abidal's performance in the game, 90 complete minutes of commitment and running after recovering of a cancer process just two months ago.

The midfielders were the key of the game. The association between Xavi and Iniesta was, as always, electric and precise. They had most of the ball possession during all the game. Busquets closed the rival attacks effectively as always too. They dominated the game. Period. 

Finally, the strikers. The three of them (Messi, Pedro & Villa) scored one goal each. Messi was the best of the game, the superstar. France Football and the UEFA should give him a lifetime Golden Ball for him and create another trophy for the other players. He is the most decisive player I have ever seen. Besides, Villa scored one of the most beautiful goals in UEFA's Champions League Final history. What a goal!!

On the other hand, the experience was great. My friends and I went to North Star bar in North Beach, here in San Francisco. They provided free BBQ at halftime and the ambiance was amazing. In addition, the two waiters are Barça fans, so what else could I ask?

FORÇA BARÇA!!!


Starting Lineup for The UCL 2011 Final



No comments:

Post a Comment